Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Why Join A Farm Share?

Berry Baskets display your produce perfectly.
Half Pint Berry Baskets4" x 4" x 2"
My favorite time of year is Berry Season!  Nothing beats fresh berries to top or fill your favorite desserts.  Blueberry Pies, Strawberry Shortcakes, Raspberry Squares, YUM!

Why Join A Farm Share?

I was encouraged to join a Farm Share by a co-worker.  She spoke so highly of it I just couldn't wait to try it.  I chose the Farm she was currently going to and I am hooked!

I loved receiving all the beautiful organic produce.  But what I enjoyed the most was it introduced me to produce that I wouldn't have ever tried otherwise.  We actually had to search online for how to cut, cook or serve certain things we received at the farm.  My husband loves the challenge of trying new recipes.  I love the results!  So this was perfect for us.

Pick Your Own Berries!

Even more than produce in large amounts I enjoyed being able to walk the fields myself and pick our berries.  We were created to do this and it took a Farm Share for me to get back to it.  Sometimes we allow ourselves to get so busy we don't take the time cultivate the ground so to speak.

Use Recycle Your Baskets!

There was another aspect of Farm Sharing I notice and like and that is the fact that they have Berry Baskets available for you to use.  I say use because we were asked to bring them back the next week to refill them to save on usage.  I love when businesses encourage people to recycle (reusing is technically recycling) things.  Don't you agree?  I believe every little bit helps.

Freshly Picked Wild Flowers!

Oh I almost forgot the best part of my Farm Share...the Wild Flowers!  Included some of the weeks I was able to pick my own arrangement.  It was the highlight of my day coming home with fresh flowers for my kitchen or to bring a friend.


I recommend stopping into your local farm.  I have yet to talk to someone who doesn't rave about their experience with Farm Shares no matter where they go.  Our personal experience that I am writing about is at Red Fire Farm in Granby, Massachusetts.  I love them.

If you are looking for Berry Baskets or Produce Bags, Produce Bag Stands or anything else for your Farm Stand call Mansfield Paper 800-225-4641 or www.mansfieldpaper.com now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

High Density vs Low Density Trash Bags...does it matter?

High Density vs Low Density Trash Bags...does it matter? Which liners do I need? In a word, yes!  There are hundreds of sizes and gau...